Thursday, May 21, 2009

SAWUBONA from SOWETO!

Hello Everyone!

This will just be a quick post as I only have 15 minutes at an internet cafe. The team is currently touring at Mandela's House in Soweto on Vilakazi Street, and I stole away for a minute to get this message out to you.

The past couple of days have been spent learning more about South Africa's vast and complicated history as we visited the Old Fort Prison Museum, the Apartheid Museum, the Hector Pietersen Museum, and Mandela's House. Today we will visit Kliptown, one of the poorest townships in Johannesburg, and spending the afternoon with the kids from the Kliptown Youth Centre. We will update again as soon as we can, but know that we love you and are thinking about you all!

Love from us all!
Roxanne

3 comments:

  1. hey team!

    glad that everyone is safe and sound. much love to everyone!


    -liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Team,
    We are glad that you are all okay and learning more about South Africa.
    We love you and you are in our prayers

    Rene and Jo De La Torre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...
    I'm Wigberto's cousin and I'm so glad to hear that everyone is fine! I just want to let him know that I love him and I wish that he has a good time there.

    Take care guys , hope you have an unforgettable trip!

    God Bless you...

    Sincerly,
    Crisly Jesus Ramirez

    ReplyDelete